Located within the Top End of the Northern Territory, the West Daly Regional Council (Council) covers 14,000 square kilometres and has a population of more than 3700 residents throughout the communities of Wadeye, Nganmarriyanga and Peppimenarti as well as the surrounding 33 homelands, a number of which are serviced by Council. Wadeye is the largest remote community and the fifth largest town in the Northern Territory. A young and vibrant Regional Council, our vision is to deliver quality services and support development opportunities, including local jobs for local people, along with implementing a range of strategies that will help shape a prosperous and sustainable future for the region.
We are seeking a Mechanic to support the West Daly Region located at Wadeye. The key purpose of this role will be to provide trade qualified - high quality, efficient and effective mechanical services.
Relocation assistance up to $1500, Role Specific allowance up to $320 fortnightly, 6 weeks Annual Leave, Locality Allowance and heavily subsidised accommodation will come as additional benefits to the suitable candidate.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- carry out a high standard of repairs and maintenance to West Daly Regional Council’s fleet of vehicles, plant and equipment and other vehicles where required;
- assist with the development of the plant and vehicle maintenance program;
- ensure the Senior Mechanic and Community Services Manager are advised of preventative maintenance requirements, and plant and vehicle conditions;
- undertake the transportation of vehicles, plant and equipment where required;
- report to the Senior Mechanic on major operational issues related to the workshop and any equipment misuse or damage;
- ensure the maintenance of correct records relating to the management of Council’s mechanical workshop, including vehicle, plant and equipment maintenance, stock control and job cards;
- prepare job cards for all work carried out and forward for processing daily;
- prepare requisitions for the supply of parts and lubricants within budget allocations and forward for authorisation and processing;
- keep the workshop in a clean, safe and operational state and ensure tools are stored securely;
- receive and secure goods ordered for the workshop;
- ensure the workshop is securely locked when not attended; and
- other duties commensurate with skills and experience, as directed.
- Experience in working in a similar role within a mechanical workshop.
- A Medium or Heavy Rigid classification.
- Tickets to operate heavy machinery (would be well considered).
- Authorised Vehicle Inspector (or ability to obtain).
- Experienced at ordering of materials.
- Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Construction Induction (White Card).
- Current National Criminal History Check.
- Current Northern Territory Drivers Licence.
- Working with Children (OCHRE) Card.
If you are an experienced mechanic, a team player with good communication skills and have the ability to work with a culturally diverse range of people we would like to hear from you!
Council are taking a flexible approach to recruitment, with full time, short and long term opportunities available. If you are interested to know more or would like to access the Position Description, please reach out to Dan Fernando - Administrative Assistant (HR) 0879226409 or email email@example.com.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please submit a current Resume and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 10am Friday 29 July, 2022.
NOTE: In accordance with the NT Chief Health Officer’s Direction No. 52, COVID–19 vaccination is a mandatory requirement for all West Daly Regional Council employees from 22 April 2022