Community Housing Coordinator / Fixed Term Contract (Wadeye)
Located within the Top End of the Northern Territory, the West Daly Regional Council (Council) covers 14,000 square kilometers and has a population of more than 3700 residents throughout the communities of Wadeye, Palumpa and Peppimenarti as well as the surrounding 33 homelands, a number of which are serviced by Council. Wadeye is the largest remote community and the fifth largest town in the Northern Territory.
A young and vibrant Regional Council, our vision is to deliver quality services and support development opportunities, including local jobs for local people, along with implementing a range of strategies that will help shape a prosperous and sustainable future for the region.
Based in Wadeye, NT working across the West Daly Region we are seeking experienced Community Housing Coordinator on a 18 Months fixed term contract to provide tenancy management support services to public housing tenants in the Community in accordance with the Housing Operational Policy.
Relocation assistance up to $1500, Role Specific allowances fortnightly, 6 weeks Annual Leave, Locality Allowance and heavily subsidised accommodation will come as additional benefits to the suitable candidate.
Duties and responsibilities as below.
- Deliver the Living Strong program to all households over the period of the contract to develop skills to maintain a successful tenancy, including an understanding of tenants’ rights and responsibilities
- Liaise with tenants across the Community, Town Camp or Community Living Area.
- Accept (receive) tenancy forms and documents from residents, on behalf of the Department.
- Deliver letters and notices to residents on behalf of the Department.
- Assist residents to understand and complete tenancy forms and documents.
- Assist the Department in locating residents and facilitating conversations.
- As scheduled by the Department, attend and assist at meetings of the Housing Reference Group, or alternative housing forums as identified through the Local Decision Making Framework.
- Provide advice to the Community relating to tenancy management, their obligations and responsibilities as a tenant.
- Support tenants to develop knowledge and skills to successfully maintain a safe and healthy home and living environment.
- Maintain records of all engagement and interaction with residents.
- Keep adequate records in order to provide advice to the Department, in accordance with the Contract.
- Provide a point of contact for repairs and maintenance and liaise with the Remote Housing Maintenance Contractor to enable them to carry out works as per response times.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Demonstrated experience:
o working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people;
o working in remote communities in a service delivery role;
o In the development of proposals and potential projects that require grant funding.
- Demonstrated understanding of the:
o Indigenous culture and social and emotional wellbeing frameworks; an
o Local and legislations in regards to Community Services & Residential.
o Ability to maintain confidentiality, particularly with respect to tenants’ personal information.
- Previous administration experience.
- Experience in a housing environment.
- National Criminal History Check clearance.
- Current Working with Children/Ochre Card.
- Vaccinated against Covid-19 (as per NT Chief Health Officer’s Direction)
Council are taking a flexible approach to recruitment, with full time, short and long term opportunities available. If you are interested to know more or would like to access the Position Description, please reach out to Andrew Everingham, Chief Operations Officer on 08 7922 6401 or email email@example.com.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please submit a current Resume and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 10am Friday 29 July, 2022.
NOTE: In accordance with the NT Chief Health Officer’s Direction No. 52, COVID–19 vaccination is a mandatory requirement for all West Daly Regional Council employees from 22 April 2022